Our Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Basics as I understand it

So the rundown seems to be I don't have to go to an all liquid diet.  Yay!!!  I love food too much to just eat soup and baby food for the rest of my life.  So here is a list of foods that will aggravate my symptoms, at least from what I have gathered.  I will meet with a dietitian on Monday, and will post the results of that meeting in a following post.

Angry Tummy List:
Fiber
Broccoli
Apples
Berries with seeds
Coconut flesh
Seeded jams and jellies
Figs
Prunes or Prune juice
Oranges
Persimmons
Brussels Sprouts
Green Beans
Legumes
Beans
Potato peels
Tomato skins
Sauerkraut
Fatty Foods
Flax seed
Miso
Tempeh
Popcorn

These foods can lead to formation of a beazor, which is a nasty ball of unprocessed food that can make you very sick, and can even require surgery to remove.  Gross!  So in an effort to not have that happen, no more broccoli cheese baked potatoes.  Bring on the milkshakes!  Just kidding.  Kind of.  My incredibly generous and supportive Mumsey bought me a juicer, so I have been getting some good veggie juice.  Carrot is good, cucumber is good.  My son and I made plum-apple-orange juice, and that was soooo much better.  I will get used to this, and I know I will find better ways to put them together in a way that won't kill me.   Spinach-cucumber-carrot-onion juice with a splash of balsamic vinegar just tasted like a salad, and wasn't bad.  Not the best either, I must confess.  I'm taking multivitamins, as my constant puking has put a bit of a damper on me being able to process healthy foods.  Plus the whole my body refusing to digest anything that is usually seen as healthy has probably put me into a nutritional deficiency.  I tried cucumber juice this morning for breakfast and that was actually really good.  It tasted like chlorophyll so hopefully I won't smell as bad either.  We shall see!  Until next time, may your guts not start a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment