Our Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Hell, Also Heaven

Hell is...

     knowing something isn't right with your body, and being told you're making it up.

     knowing what is wrong with your self, and people not believing you.

     putting on your best face, and people thinking that is your norm.  What you see is not the constant.  Ever.  Especially in regards to this disease.

     trying your best every day to get everything done, and not being able to finish.

     having to prioritize the bare minimum of household chores (laundry, dishes, picking up after yourself) and still falling short.



Heaven is...

     my son telling me I'm the best Mom ever, even though I'm sick all of the time.  (Direct quote)

     finally having a good day and finishing at least one chore!

     someone noticing when I get things done, even on a bad day.

     puppy kisses.  They never come with judgement.

     kitty snuggles.  Because it's love the kitty time, that's why.

     help I've gotten from FlyLady and my social media support groups.

     my niece telling me about her latest awesome thing.  From figure skating to her latest art project with her mom, its always fun and interesting.

     being able to help someone else.  Gastroparesis makes you a good listener.  Perhaps that's because we can't run away.  Ha!

      new episodes of a favorite TV show on Netflix.

     a morning when I wake up with pain less than a 5.  Some days its even less than that!  Not many, but some is always better than none!

     this kitten.




     seeing my family's random pictures of themselves, their kids, their pets.  Its important for me to see your lives, because most of the time I can barely participate in my own.  Yay social media!

     putting on a pair of pants and having them fit perfectly.

     those perfect pants aren't yoga, sweat, or pajama pants.

   
I am blessed every day I wake up.  I love you all!  Keep looking at the stars!




























   

   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment